Monday, December 22, 2008

Day Ten - Almost home time

Each morning I wake up here I tell myself that if the partly cloudy skies and calm winds were to be replaced with driving snow storms and 50 knot winds I’d be ok because it’s been so beautiful each day. Today is our last day of activities before heading back home via The Drake. Two landings are scheduled. One will be a kayaking trip and one will just be a zodiac shuttle.

Apparently Mother Nature isn’t listening to me and wants to keep blessing us with amazing weather. This mornings landing is again, unbelievable. There are just random, wispy clouds here and there as far as you can see. The wind is 1 mph. Water is like pure glass.







From Antarctica



I know that when I get home and share some of the pictures of each landing that no one will believe I’ve gone. After all, who goes to Antarctica and comes home with a tan that would rival Hawaii?

From Antarctica

No comments:

Post a Comment